Made with Organic Ingredients:
Contains at least 70% certified organic ingredients; the remaining 30% is not required to be certified organic, but must be “up to code”, meaning they must use certain methods approved by the USDA.  These “Made with Organic Ingredients” must list which ingredients are Organic. These foods may not use the USDA organic seal.

Specific Organic Ingredients:
​Contains less than 70% certified organic ingredients. The packaging  can note on the front that the product “contains organic ingredients” and list certified organic ingredients as organic in the ingredient list, but also list which ingredients are not.  These foods may not use the USDA Organic seal.  

What You Should Know About Organic Certification

​​100% Organic Certified:
All ingredients and processing aids must be certified organic.  This means that there is absolutely no chance of cross contamination with non-organic ingredients.  Special practices must be used and documented.   These foods may use the USDA organic seal as well as the 100% organic claim.

Organic Certified:
All agricultural ingredients must be certified organic.  95+% of the ingredients are grown organically, but some of the product may contain a very minor ingredient, (up to 5%) that do not have an organic option available.  These foods may use the USDA organic seal.